Saturday, April 09, 2011

Goal-Oriented

How does one achieve success?  You develop a good process, set goals, and have specific, measurable, achievable, and timely efforts to get there.

One might ask how important is it for me to achieve (Y). (Y) might be getting good grades in school, or running a mile in a given time, or learning to play a piece of music.

In basketball, the core skill elements are:


A player can ask herself, am I proficient in each and what must I do to become more so if I am not? If becoming successful is important, a player could ask, how frequently do I need to work on a given skill and what must I do?

Do I need more athleticism, more skill, or more understanding of the game? If I need more athleticism, then I need to have a strength and conditioning program. If I need more skill, then I need to work on specific fundamentals and drills. If my understanding of the game is lacking, then can I get the instruction or film review to help me?

LaSalle Coach John Giannini proposes certain 'sets' of activity that might help players achieve their goals.

Melrose has enjoyed a lot of success through the years, and many players continue to work to improve and give themselves a chance. Not everyone has the time, the motivation, or need to develop and execute the process. We are here to try to help players succeed.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?